Sunday, May 30, 2010

Day 15 : Going Back to Huts

After having an eventful fourteen days, and on top of all, last night fun we (Maddy, Kanchuki, Sudhir, Abhishek & I) had in Kathmandu streets, I'm not in a mood at all to end the trip. But, it has to end some day. Aditya woke me up as asked by me before going into bed last night, @ around 6:15AM. I still have a couple of hours of sleep left. By the time I opened by eyes it was 6:25. Maddy has a flight to catch @ 9:30 to New Delhi. I managed to get off the bed and accompanied him to Ali's room where he has to collect his passport and stuff. As we go into Ali's room he is already awake, Maddy collected the passport. Ali bhai started explaining the stuff being misplaced (one sleeping bag and one down jacket) by someone in our group and the due charges per head. Since the amount is not yet finalized, I told Ali bhai that Aditya's bills would be settled by me. We reached downstairs and Maddy had some stomach filled breakfast. By the time Maddy finished breakfast, Cab is in waiting. Saw off Maddy @ 7.

Reached my room and dozed off to sleep for a very short while. Tried reaching 310 and 309. Abhishek is still in bed, Padmaja is on her way to visit Pashupati Nath Temple, Kanchuki is still not wanting to say good bye to bed, Sudhir, as restless he always is, got ready and waiting for someone. I asked everyone to get ready in another half an hour. I took exactly thirty minutes to get ready. I reached straight away to 310, Abhishek is still in bed and no signs of Sudhir around. 309, noone is around. I reached the breakfast table and fast filling up my stomach. Found Sudhir, Padmaja, Mr n Mrs Ramesh. Till this moment I wanted to go along with Paddy to temple, but suddenly all my interest vanished, as I don't see any company who can wait outside the temple with me. Kanchuki also joined us at the table. Paddy set off to temple along with Mr n Mrs Ramesh. Sudhir, Kanchuki and I decided to meet a mountaineering guy who is near. Waited for Kanchuki to get ready, meanwhile managed to have some chit-chat with Sachin, Sudhir outside Ali's room. Hit the Kathmandu streets by 10, Sudhir and I had some delicious mango juide, Kanchuki managed to get one sip in between. She is busy windows shopping, I managed to help her here in buying one, she couldn't strike a deal. We walked down the road, entered a book shop, book bugs bought a couple of books. I couldn't find the autobiography of The Dalai Lama. Finally, entered on T-Shirt shop, Kanchuki was sweet enough to gift a T-Shirt each to Sudhir and me. We bought a few magnets and returned to hotel by noon.

We hurriedly packed our bags as we were asked to check out the rooms by noon. Reached the reception by half past tweleve and all set to hear mouthfuls from Ali. To everyone's surprise, we couldn't find anyone except their rucksacks. So, we'd decided to have quick lunch and headed to "Mandap". Ordered one Chomein and Fried Rice, quickly ate. Heard the news that a plane IX 812, Dubai bound plane, crashed into the valley off the Mangalore runway, and almost all passengers (158) boarded the flight have reportedly dead. Only 8 have managed to escape alive.

Rest of the team has arrived by 1:15, we all left the hotel "Marshyangdi" @ 1:30. Reached the airport by 2. Checked-in our luggage and headed to security Check-in. Missed Kanchuki here as we were asked to wait for more time as our flight is @ 4:30. Had some tea and ate few digestive biscuits. Headed to security check-in and boarded the flight. Flight IT066 had a smooth take-off and reached Delhi on time @ 6. Followed NDTV exclusive throughout my flight. As we're waiting for our baggage, Suddenly appeared Kanchuki, very nice of her. She wanted to say Bye to everyone. I purchased one Scotch Whisky and a Shampagne for my buddies back in Hyderabad from Duty Free. Bid bye to Kanchuki, who is due to spend this night in Delhi. Stuffed liquor into my rucksack as we're waiting for the bus to transport us to Domestic terminal. Reached terminal by 8, we just have 40 mins to board. Boarded the flight and landed safely in Hyderabad @ 11. Final snaps taken @ the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport. Sudhir, Swetha and I have taken a cab. Reached home by midnight. That's all from my desk..... HIP HIP HURRAY.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo Yo Man...Congratulations on ur successful trip and successful completion of this blog..u could have added ur roommates reaction after reaching home :-)..

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Prashanth : Sorry dude, I was very impatient when I wrote and in hurry to finish the task.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good read.. Sounds like hell of an experience !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on completing this wonderful trek. You and your team deserve a big hip-hip-hurray and a party!

    Hope to join you guyz at the presentation tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. I unfortunately have to miss the presentation - could not make it to Hyd this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @sabarish : It was really hell of an experience :)

    ReplyDelete